Monday, October 29, 2012

Author Interview: Paul Buller

Today's interview is with author of Arguing with Friends: Keeping Your Friends and Your Convictions. He also runs the blog whyjesus.ca and arguingwithfriends.com. He talks about influences in apologetics, conversational apologetics, the goal in personal interactions with others, understanding arguments (this Monty Python skit), tactics vs. strategies, learning from mistakes in doing apologetics, and advice for effective communication. He's giving away a couple copies of his book:
Enter the drawing here.

Full Interview MP3 Audio here (40 min)

Enjoy.
Subscribe to the Apologetics 315 Interviews podcast here or in iTunes.

3 comments :

MaryLou said...

I enjoyed hearing advice from a "regular guy"! I really appreciate interviews with philosophers, theologians, historians, etc., but it's also good to hear from somebody like myself who is self-taught and learning along the way.

I also appreciated the link to the Monty Python skit. I hadn't seen it in a long time.

I wonder if there's a way to use their Department of Silly Walks sketch in apologetics? Or the "This Parrot is Dead" routine. Those are classics as well.

Anonymous said...

Great interview!! Brother Paul Buller, thanks for the ministry you are in. God bless you. Thanks Apologetics315

Anonymous said...

Thanks, both, for the feedback. I would love to use more Monty Python, but it'll have to fit in the context. I do have an upcoming blog entry on the use of questions that involves a clip from the movie My Cousin Vinny. It's also humorous. Stay tuned!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. By posting your comment you are agreeing to the comment policy.

Blog Archive

Amz